Wednesday, April 15, 2009

deodorizer for those of us




I made myself some deodorant last night. I had been using this stuff. I love the smell to pieces. But the first ingredient was propylene glycol. I was given this recipe by my sister. And dang does it work.

all natural deodorant for real

1/4 C virgin coconut oil
1/4 C baking soda
1 1/2 ts cornstarch

My coconut oil was soft enough to mix the other ingredients in with heating it first. So after I mixed them completely, I stuffed it into an old deodorant container that I had saved and washed. Then I put it in the freezer over night just to speed up the hardening process.

I really don't think this is regrettable. I mean these are all food grade ingredients. Which is nice for nursing. Babies come pretty close to whatever you put on. That used to stress me out.

1 comment: