Thursday, July 15, 2010

strawberry salad


So much of this salad is being consumed over here. Strawberries and fresh greens are in season, so it makes getting this to the table super easy. We also add grilled chicken if we feel like bulking it up. It equals super delish. That's all I'm sayin. Also you should try it some time.

Strawberry salad

fresh washed baby greens
1 pint of ripe strawberries cut into small pieces
1 cup of whole walnuts
2 oz a fresh chevre

Balsamic vinaigrette

2 T honey
1 T Dijon mustard
3 T balsamic vinegar
1/3 c olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Oh I forgot to mention, that I made the cheese in this picture. Sounds grand, but really it was a little less that satisfactory. I'll try again another time.

5 comments:

  1. I think I shall try that this weekend. Looks yummers. And you should invite me over to make cheese with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow. That looks delish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this looks like the salad you made when you came over that one time. It's as good as it looks, folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good! After the baby comes we will have to have a cheese-making day!

    ReplyDelete