Thursday, August 16, 2007

something I needed, something I'd like

My girlfriend Nikki and I took a loverly little stroll in a local village the other day. They have a fabulous little cake, candy and cookie decorating store called the chocolate duck that is just peachy to visit. We also got to go in this yarn store which I'm sure I've mentioned before. I think It might be a good idea to start a knitting group. To help each other along in various projects and whatnot. There could be some girl chatting in the mix as well. There's no way we wouldn't have fun.

One of my favorite thrift store is on the same block and as we walked by I saw a double stroller parked outside. It looked like it was in good condition. Or at least good enough to inquire about it going rate. Unfortunately it was being held for someone else until that evening. I gave up on it. Until I remembered this morning. So I drove around to find it still in its spot on the sidewalk. I ran in and bargain my way around and left with this. (after making a fool of myself for all the passing cars to see whilst I figured out how to close it up)
I got away with paying a mere $30. I'm not sure exactly how much this one actually went for but the ones I was looking at online were around $200. I'm feelin thrifty.
Sam and I took a trial run around the neighborhood when we got home. And I thought I'd take some pictures of this cute little house I've been admiring for some time now. It would be lovely to own. I mean look at that porch.
And the wonderfully wild greens.
Oh and the windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment