Monday, March 28, 2011

this week's menu


1. chinese chicken with broccoli
2. cheese burgers
3. pasta with bolognese sauce
4. steak and baked potatoes with a garlic green salad
5. steak fajitas
6. curried chicken salad. My kids won't stop asking for it.

curried chicken salad

2 cups of cooked diced chicken
3/4 c chopped raw carrot
3/4 c chopped raw celery
1/2 c chopped raw walnuts
1/4 dried currants
2 green onions diced

dressing

1/2 c of mayonaise
1/4 cup of olive of canola oil
2 tablespoons of good strong curry powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
salt and pepper to taste

Mix well, and dress chopped goods.
This is our favorite picnic food served with fresh french bread, fruit, and cheese. Also, I think it tastes better the next day. Hope you try it!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh. I was just about to head out to the grocery store, and now I think I need to buy the ingredients for that curried chicken salad. That sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete